Thursday, February 16, 2012

Gear-Tent

This is an old Ozark Trail tent. It was gifted to me by an old riding buddy who was upgrading to something smaller and lighter.
                                                 

                                               
I keep it in a old camping chair bag which should give you an idea about its size. It is a great tent and comfortably sleeps two but the size keeps me from using it too often on bike trips. It spends most of its time packed up or on loan.  

Super simple, four pieces make for easy set up and take down: tent, poles, rain-fly and ground stakes. One you get used to how it all goes together, its a breeze. Again, most of my camping in done in a hammock and I am glad to have this one for family trips. I would be open to the right tent if it was small, light and comfortable enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lay it out here: