Friday, June 7, 2013

Hot Sauce of the Week

Dave's Gourmet Insanity Sauce-this sauce is hot. Really hot. It is more or less an extract sauce which means the hottest part of the chili pepper (capsaicin) is extracted and added in with other ingredients. To make the concept simpler, this is the kind of thing you put a couple of drops of into your whole pot of chili and call it done. You don't dump it on top of your scrambled cheese eggs...unless you are a fool who doesn't read warnings on labels (ie, me). I wouldn't say it ruined my breakfast but wow...hottest eggs ever. The even bigger bummer is that there is ZERO flavor past the heat. To give it a fair run, I'll need to make a stew or chili and add some but at this point, I am putting it in the "no sir, I don't like it" column. It is also out of the price point of most hot sauces and I can understand why. A bottle will last you a while so ol' Dave has to get the cash where he can.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lay it out here: