Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Q&A, Part 2

http://www.artistjharris.com/

Jonathan Harris asked :
  1. Have you ever never had a beard? Yes. Prior to the summer of 1997 I had to shave for high school. I haven't shaved clean since the day of graduation. 
     
  2. Has Chuck Norris' beard ever given your beard pointers? No, but I would totally take them.
     
  3. Of all the States you've visited road tripping which is your favorite so far? Utah. The land is just incredible and it really stuck with me. I could say the same for a lot of the states out West. 
     
  4. Of the remaining States you haven't visited, which one do you want to visit most and why? That is a big question. There are a lot of places I still want to see for different reasons. South Dakota has great riding and landmarks so theres that. Portland has a killer barcade and tons to see so Oregon also. There are 17 states I haven't ridden in and I would like to see them all. 
     
  5. Other than 'Big Fish 2', Which movie is your all time favorite? Why? American Beauty, just because it really spoke to me. Thoreau said "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desparation." Though the story permforms on many levels and topics, its examinations of imprisionment, freedom, redemption and self satisfaction hit home and really opened my eyes to the idea that it is never to late to make your life what you want it to be. I think a lot of us, stuck in the busy routine of what our lives have become, have forgotten that. 
     
  6. Favorite director? Why? Sam Raimi. He is a visionary and was driven to make movies no matter the cost. If you've never read Bruce Campbell's autobiography, If Chins Could Kill, you really should. The things they went through to get Evil Dead made are crazy and inspiring. In his career he has fought with the studios for his movies and has finally reaching the point of being able to make what he wants how he wants. Not everything he does is great but I think he has range and his best is yet to come. 
     
  7. What was your favorite Atari game? Joust. I had a 5200 and was really good at it, even with the terrible, bulky controller. 

    You can check out Jonathan's art portfolio out at artistjharris.com.

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ken Gillette asked :

    1) Just what possessed you to start a Blog? I had been reading and following a lot of blogs and needed a creative outlet so it seemed like the thing to do. If you go back and look at the beginning (2010) it didn't start out being so focused one topic. That kind of came later naturally. 
     
    2) And… JBMFT? How did you come up with that, what made you think of using this? I used to work for a wrecker company doing light duty for AAA, things like fuel deliveries, flat tires, etc. We had this one wrecker driver who would always check in calling himself Paul Wayne Mutha Fuckin' Stephens (name changed to protect the innocent). It always made me laugh so I kind of adopted it, though I usually only refer to myself by all 5 initials when asked what it stands for.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Misty Howard asked :

    Would you ever consider writing books? Also, maybe a book with Sailor and one with Ruby... or both? I like writing, in case you couldn't tell, and have toyed with trying to write a whole book. It would probably be better to start coming up with a complete short story first, something I haven't done since high school. I would consider writing a book with either or both of the girls. I bet they would have some pretty great ideas.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lay it out here: