11. What is your favorite food? My Mom makes a dish called Noodlebake that has noodles (duh), ground beef, olives, onion, cheese...basically everything awesome in it. It is a real pain in the ass to make so she only cooks it for me once a year. It usually doesn't last more than 24 hours.
12. What scares JBMFT? The thought of not
being able to take care of my family or feeling like I failed or disappointed them.
That and bears when I camp.
13. How is it that you and your wife both have dark hair and
your kids are blonde? What gives with that? I
was blond when I was a kid and as I got older my hair got darker. My
guess is that this will happen with the girls eventually...that or
my wife has some explaining to do.
14. What's your biggest weakness? Indecision.
Close second would be my inability to stop worrying about things.
15. What's the story with your necklace tattoo? It
is a St. Jude, the Saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Many years back I took a trip to St. Jude's Children's Hospital in
Memphis, TN. I was going through a rough spot in my life so I bought
a necklace at the gift shop and immediately put it on. After years of never taking it off, I thought it would be a fitting tattoo. I
still have the old necklace.
16. What one gig from playing in bands stands out most in your
mind as the best and favorite one?
I played in
a band called Pure Crap years ago and our shows were always really
fun. We always got sloshed before we got on stage. There
were only two of us with acoustic guitars and our songs were all goofy to begin with. There was a lot of room for jokes and fooling around. It great to be in a band where the people on stage
could heckle the crowd. What about the worst? Being
in an experimental/prog rock/jam band and getting booked out of town
not knowing you'd be opening up for thrash metal bands. We met the other guys beforehand and everything was cool but we were young and nervous. Before
we hit the stage we agreed to play all the songs at double the
normal tempo and scream all the lyrics. We didn't nail it but we didn't
get booed off the stage either.
17. What's one place worldwide you've never been to, but would
like to go? What would you want to do there? That
is a big question. Other than places that are ravaged by war or
places where they hate Americans, I would like to see and do it all.
18. What is your favorite music artist/band, other than
Representative Slice, of course?
Sweet, no contest. He is a great songwriter, producer and performer.
My feelings on this one are likely peppered by nostalgia since I
have a lot of great memories that tie back to listening to his
music. Any time I have answered this question in the past people
seem surprised...I should know by now just to say "Motorhead"
and move on.
19. Name someone you look up to and admire. / Whom would you
consider your hero(es) ?
David Morrell, Lemmy
and Panhead Billy.
20. If you could only drink one alcoholic beverage (one kind,
not one drink period) what would it be? Beer.
There are so many beers to choose from, seems like it would never