Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Goings on...

Since I missed Barber's, I decided to take the day and do a wire tuck and tank lift on the Nightster. The rough draft is done and I've started on the coil relocation. Going to be using a horn mount off a Custom, which is pretty standard for this job, and make the actual bracket the coil mounts to myself. I have all the pieces, all that remains is a little drilling, paint and assembly and we'll be calling it done. It all has to come apart so I can paint the tank lifts as well...

The Shovel is waiting on a new coil. Cheap part I know, but times are tough and extra cash is scarce. The family has been in a bit of flux for the past couple weeks. Everything is shaking out ok but still waiting till month's end for real results and afraid to let any $ go at this point....so there we are. Once I get that coil, it's go time on that bike. Cutting fender brackets off the springer, getting a new clutch lever and cable, reworking the foot shift mechanism, new paint, general cleanup and polishing and the biggest...sorting out the damned transmission.


To get a little extra money to play with, these old split tanks are on the block. Not sure what they came off of (they have been run of the shovel before) but they are in decent shape. Minimal surface rust, petcock included...just real damn dirty. Send me an e-mail if you want to see more or make an offer.

Since season 2 started yesterday, we've decided to start watching this...














My buddy turned me on to the comic and I am current on the trade releases. Two episodes in to season one...it is a good one. It strays a bit from but not so much that it loses the feel if you are a fan. Worth checking out for sure, available via Netflix.

2 comments:

  1. If you need any parts at all, come by the house and go through my shit. I don't think I have a Shovelhead coil, but I'll double check.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10-4, thanks. May hit you up this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Lay it out here: