Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Goings on...

Since I missed Barber's, I decided to take the day and do a wire tuck and tank lift on the Nightster. The rough draft is done and I've started on the coil relocation. Going to be using a horn mount off a Custom, which is pretty standard for this job, and make the actual bracket the coil mounts to myself. I have all the pieces, all that remains is a little drilling, paint and assembly and we'll be calling it done. It all has to come apart so I can paint the tank lifts as well...

The Shovel is waiting on a new coil. Cheap part I know, but times are tough and extra cash is scarce. The family has been in a bit of flux for the past couple weeks. Everything is shaking out ok but still waiting till month's end for real results and afraid to let any $ go at this point....so there we are. Once I get that coil, it's go time on that bike. Cutting fender brackets off the springer, getting a new clutch lever and cable, reworking the foot shift mechanism, new paint, general cleanup and polishing and the biggest...sorting out the damned transmission.