Friday, May 31, 2013

Hot Sauce of the Week

Bayou Fireballs-If I were going to draft an open letter to Louisiana regarding "Louisiana-style" hot sauces, I would make sure that I spent a good part of the letter on this. See, I've tried quite a few of these sauces and if you are keeping score here, I find them to be all too similar. I was understandably skeptical when I saw the "Cajun Certified" logo on this one and was afraid I was in for another boring, formulaic sauce. Imagine my surprise when I found more heat than cayenne in the addition of habanero. The differences continued with a liberal helping of garlic. It wasn't thin like a typical Louisiana sauce, it was chunky and I could visibly make out the ingredients. Alone, the flavors are a bit much but put this monster on something and it is unbelievable. In less than a week I've almost finished the whole bottle. Its awesome. Good job Louisiana, my faith is restored.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lay it out here: