Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Paint

After dis-assembly, the first step was a good bath. See that giant hole in the rear fender? That is the stock location of the ECM. More on that later. After the bath I gave each piece a good sanding to promote adhesion. Then I took my rattle cans and started spraying. 
I always go a little overboard with coats. I put a lot on this time too. Chalkboard paint is excellent stuff and results in a very durable exterior. I've put it on the last two bikes I repainted. 
 
Notice anything missing...the rear fender maybe? More on that later too...
I know you can't tell from this flawless execution but I have no stencil experience. Used flat white, it was still wet in this photo. I am pretty happy with how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lay it out here: